It’s camping your way—just a stone’s throw from the city.
The Great Divide Campground lies in rural Sussex County on Phillips Road, which was named after the area’s first owners. Acquired by the Christie family in the mid-1950s, the property operated as Hazy Vale Dairy Farm until the mid-1960s. In 1963, the family converted part of the farm to a day beach club, later developing campsites to meet the growing tourist demand. As the campground expanded, a manmade lake and other amenities were added—turning Hazy Vale Farm into Green Valley Beach.
In 2012, Green Valley Beach was purchased by Carmine and Lisa Torella—and renamed The Great Divide Campground. The Torellas are committed to retaining the area’s natural beauty by updating and refurbishing the property to provide the region’s best camping and recreation opportunities year after year. Here at The Great Divide families of all ages gather to enjoy scenic views, accommodating service, unique activities, live music—and an outdoor experience that’s refreshing and unforgettable.
At The Great Divide, it is our mission to serve as the ultimate campground hosts, ensuring your satisfaction and creating a getaway that is uniquely memorable. We achieve this mission by providing (1) meticulously maintained facilities, (2) accommodating service, and (3) fun, family-friendly activities. Passionate about protecting the intrinsic beauty of our surroundings, we are committed to preserving that for the enjoyment of all future guests.
What sets The Great Divide apart from other campgrounds? Our staff is hired and guided by a set of internal core values. We refer back to these values when making decisions for ourselves and the campground. These values are what we want to see demonstrated by our staff on a daily basis.
- Team Player – Be humble, share credit, “emphasize team over self”. Anticipate what’s next, look to do more, and willingly lend a helping hand. Use common sense when dealing with people.
- Fun– Be a source of enjoyment and have a smile on your face. Promote a positive playful environment for yourself and others.
- Authentic– Be yourself. Conduct your daily activities with honesty and integrity, and pay attention to details. Be genuine when interacting with others.
- Ambitious– Display passion and initiative to improve and learn. Strive each day to be better and safer than the day before. Take ownership of your responsibilities. Be a problem solver instead of a critic.
- Kindness– Be friendly. Display consideration, courtesy, concern, caring, and active listening when interacting with others. Challenge your own beliefs and behaviors before expecting anyone or anything else to change. Anti-discrimination is contagious.
- Respect– …yourself, each other, our guests, our land, our time, and our belongings. Treat others the way they want to be treated. Speak up when something is not right. Get your hands dirty; micro-garbage is your responsibility. Leave nothing out of place.
The Great Divide Campground strives to be an “Attitude Free – Safe Environment’. A safe environment that is free from harassment, discrimination, intimidation, threats and physical violence.