Current Covid Updates and Regulations
Dear Great Divide Family,
(Updated as of 11/1/2020)
See our COVID 19 Terms of Service here
We have modified our events and activities to better serve the health and safety of the TGD Family. Please read a current list of modifications below and our Covid Guidelines. Anyone camping at TGD must agree to comply with mandated Covid Guidelines to mitigate the spread of Covid.
Your patience and support through these times is greatly appreciated! Please reach out via email [email protected] or phone at 973-383-4026 with any questions. Please make sure you leave a message if you do not get someone directly and we will return your call promptly. We do not answer the phone live while we are closed for the off season. We wish you all good health and safety at these times.
Love, The Great Divide Campground
Modified Amenities as of 11/1/20
Our playground will be open. Please make sure to sanitize hands before and after using.
You must bring your own balls to use the volleyball net.
Our barn, arcade and boats are currently closed.
The lake will be open for socially distanced fishing and has been freshly stocked for your fun!
The pool will operate with a 50% of normal bather load and restrictions. No pool furniture will be provided. Mon – Saturday 10am -6:30pm. Sunday 10am-6pm Guests must bring their own furniture.
Our laundry room will be available by call ahead appointment only so we may sanitize between each customer.
We will modify our events and activities on a weekend by weekend basis.
We will continue to have live music at our pavilion. Masks and Social Distancing during these events are necessary.
Our store will be open for in person transactions with a limit of 2 customers at a time. Masks that cover the nose and mouth must be worn for entry.
Our bathhouses are open for use with a limit of 1 (non related) camper at a time. Masks that cover the nose and mouth must be worn for entry.
Guests to campsites will be limited to 4 and must be preregistered. Guests will be denied access if they are not preregistered.
Due to regulations we are removing the following items from our rental units for the foreseeable future, please update your packing list accordingly: Dishware, Silverware, Cups, Pots/Pans, Spatulas and Server-ware, Grill ware (spatula, fork, tongs, lighter), Cutting boards, Mixing bowls, Oven Mitts/Pot holders, All purpose cleaner, Hand soap, Dish soap, Sponges, DVDs, Games
We will supply: 1 roll of paper towels, 1 pack of septic safe toilet paper (4 rolls) The Great Divide provides RV/Trailer safe toilet tissue. Please do not flush or put the following in the toilet or drains: Any type of wipes (EVEN IF THEY SAY FLUSHABLE) Sanitary products, paper towels, diapers, or any other bath-related paper products not provided by the Great Divide. Toaster, Coffee Pot and filters
Special COVID-Related Terms of Service v.5.28.2020
- Individuals exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 are not permitted to enter TGD. TGD reserves the right to deny entrance to any camper which it determines, in its exclusive discretion, exhibits any such symptoms.
- Individuals who have recovered from COVID-19 and can demonstrate that they have fulfilled applicable CDC-recommended quarantining periods may enter TGD.
- Individuals that have been exposed to COVID-19 and are not showing symptoms must await the CDC-recommended 14-day quarantining period with no symptoms in order to subsequently enter TGD.
- Individuals who develop symptoms while staying at TGD must immediately proceed to their primary residence and obtain care from there. If anyone in your camping group exhibits COVID-related symptoms, you agree to inform TGD management who will inform the local Health Department and request their advice on how to proceed.
- Everyone on the property, including children under your supervision, must practice social distancing in accordance with the recommendations of the State of New Jersey from time to time.
- During Phase One (as mandated by Executive Order in NJ): All public amenities will be closed. This includes the playgrounds, all common area tables, benches, the Barn, the outdoor games, boats, gazebo, laundry room, anything considered an “attractive nuisance”, and finally all TGD originally scheduled events. To the extent that the State of NJ orders these different items available, we will outline a plan for use, and open them as soon as we determine it is appropriate.
- Gatherings beyond the boundaries of your campsite are permitted, in parallel with NJ rules for gathering size (250).
The dog park will remain open, but may be used solely by one family at a time, subject to a 15 minute time limit.
- TGD encourages everyone to wear face coverings at all times when they leave their trailer to be outside. TGD does not require the use of face coverings within the boundaries of your site, but once you are off of your site, your face covering must be visible (in your hand, or hanging around your neck for instance) so that if you come within 6 feet of another person you can quickly put it on; although TGD would rather see you to wear it the whole time.
- Trails will remain open, with 6 foot social distancing required.
- Golf carts are permitted, one family per cart, assuming you have a waiver on file. Social distancing guidelines continue to apply with respect to parties that you may encounter while on a golf cart; please travel sensibly with this in mind.
- Please continue to use the Doggie Pot stations, but use an extra bag to open and close the lid to avoid direct contact.
- Please do your “grocery” type shopping as much as possible in your hometown. We do not wish to strain the stores near TGD. Their supplies are for local Newton area residents.
- Many local restaurants have pick up service available if you desire to utilize their services.
- Maintenance staff will not perform non-emergency work on your site while you are occupying it.
- You are allowed to have outside vendors come in for urgent and required trailer repairs only. Any such visits must be pre-approved by the store staff, and the vendor must wear a face covering 100% of the time they are on TGD, must practice social distancing, and must abide by all CDC guidelines.
- As always, children 12 years old and younger MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Campfires are allowed at individual campsites.
TGD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to eject any individual that does not adhere to any of these guidelines from TGD.